We hereby wish to acknowledge the following:
- South African Department of Science and Technology, for funding the African Open Science Platform initiative over three years, via the SA National Research Foundation (NRF).
- The International Council for Science (ICSU), and Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA), for advising and directing the initiative.
- The Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf), for managing and implementing the initiative.
- DIRISA – a key stakeholder – for the expertise offered in terms of data infrastructure and future collaborations regarding this initiative. Also for hosting the WordPress web page on a DIRISA server.
- African participants and representatives for participating in and supporting this initiative, actively contributing to its success.
- The web page banner has been compiled from graphics from the following source: Seeking Impact & Visibility: Scholarly Communication in Southern Africa, published by African Minds. Data visualisation in original publication by Francois van Schalkwyk. All contents of the document referred to, unless specified otherwise, are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.