We would like to share some of the activities with which we will be involved in during 2018, and a bit more about the IDW 2018.
Call for Session Proposals for International Data Week 2018
We have until 19 Feb. 2018 to submit our proposals. If you have planned to do so, please don’t wait too long. IDW 2018 promises to be an excellent opportunity to discuss and learn from data intensive activities happening on the African continent, and we hope all will make use of the opportunity to participate. Please click here for more info on the Call for Sessions.
All it requires at this stage is an abstract of between 300-600 words, and 3-4 proposed speakers, on a topic aligned with the conference themes. Thank you so much for considering!
We are inviting Sponsors!
If you know of possible sponsors, or can sponsor on behalf of an organization, please get in touch with us. It would be highly appreciated.
Events in which AOSP hopes to participate
We hope to meet/see many of you at the following events, during which we will be contributing in different ways.
- Ethiopia National Institutional Repository Workshop 20-21 Feb. 2018, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- WACREN 2018 Conference 15-16 March 2018, Lomé, Togo
- 11th RDA Plenary 21-23 March 2018, Berlin, Germany
- AOSP Strategic Meeting 28-29 March 2018, Pretoria, South Africa (on invitation only)
- BioVision 2018 Conference 20-22 April 2018, Cairo, Egypt
- SCECSAL XXIII Conference 23-28 April 2018, Entebbe, Uganda
- Uganda National Workshop on an Open Science/Open Data Policy 25-26 (& 27) April 2018 (on invitation only)
- ELPUB 2018 Conference 22-24 June 2018, Toronto, Canada (to be confirmed)
- BRICS 3rd Young Scientist Forum 2018 25-30 June 2018, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa (to be confirmed)
Thank you to so many individuals and organisations supporting our efforts, and taking open science and open data forward in your respective countries and institutions!