Thank you very much for enrolling to participate in the upcoming webinar/s, to be presented as part of the African Open Science Platform initiative. We are looking forward welcoming all! Once again, please take note of the dates and times: Wednesday 25 October 2017, 10:00 – 11:00 (SAST) Time Zone Converter
#aosp_incentives #openaccessweek #openscience
How to connect for each of the webinars
Please join us approximately 20 minutes before the start of each webinar, so we can test the connection with you/conduct a sound test. We will be starting at 10:00 SAST promptly for each webinar.
- Go to http://journals.assaf.org.za/blog/ (please use the most recent version of Firefox or Edge/Explorer, since you will require Adobe Flash – please download & install if not installed).
- On the right-hand side of the web page mentioned, see Big Blue Button.
- Select the appropriate meeting room name (see table above).
- Type your own name, and then the password: #openafrica (see table above). Then Join/Login.
- Follow the wizard, and make sure you do all the sound tests, and that the sound on your e-device is turned on. Select that you will Listen only, and select the correct speakers installed on your device.
In case something goes wrong regardless of all precautions, please refresh your screen, and follow the wizard again. Don’t worry should there be an interruption of any kind. Simply try login again. The same applies should the presenter be interrupted, because of unforeseen events such as interruption in Internet connection. Should you have any questions/something you want to communicate during the webinar, please type it in the text box to the right and we will respond. Alternatively contact email@example.com or @ismonet or smith.ina (Skype).